You’ve probably caught on to kombucha by now, but if sugar is on your “no fly” list, you may be feeling left out of the drinkable probiotics game… Meet Kvass! This salty sour beverage is fermented longer than our krauts, & makes an interesting addition to your fridge. Because the lactofermentation process increases certain vitamins & minerals, kvass makes an excellent probiotic recovery tonic: post-workout, post-lawn mowing, & the unfortunate hangover’s bff (that said, they also make great cocktails…).
- beetlejuice: ginger, beet, citrus
- kimchi shooter: spicy immunity booster & a bloody mary’s bestie
- cry baby dill tonic: probiotic pickle juice (hello, dirty martini)
- hatch elixir: green chili brine for next-level margs
- lemon dill: mild & refreshing
- tut: anti-inflammatory go-to
- mister garlic: finish everything with this for a little je ne sais quoi
- chipotle: smokey brine for booze & meats
We drink 2-ounce shots for a probiotic pick-me-up, plus, they’re excellent cut with seltzer, make great salad dressings, boost flavor of cooked greens, & can be used to brine meats & veggies!